- Hike in Garden of the Gods park (picture above)
- Visit the Air Force Academy
- Visit the ultra luxurious (old money) Broadmoor resort. Worth walking the grounds even if you aren’t staying there.
- Take the cog railway up to the top of Pikes Peak. The station is in Manitou Springs, just west of Colorado Springs.
- Visit Manitou Springs, a cute mountain town just 3 miles west of Colorado Springs, with a hippie atmosphere. The town has an old fashioned outdoor penny arcade, and lots of great restaurants and unusual shops.
-Another nice area to walk around is Old Colorado City (1 mile west of downtown Colorado Springs), which is also full of upscale shops, art galleries, and decent restaurants.
-Downtown Colorado Springs has great night life on Tejon St. around the Pikes Peak Avenue. Hipsters should check out the Poor Richards complex and the arthouse Kimball’s Peak theater.
-Colorado Springs has 6 brewpubs – The best is Bristol Brewing on South Tejon St.
-The mountains just west of town are honeycombed with hundreds of miles of trails for hiking. Outfit yourselves at Mountain Chalet next to Acacia Park.
Tags: Acacia Park, Air Force Academy, Art Galleries, Arthouse, Cog Railway, Downtown Colorado Springs, Garden of the Gods, Gods Park, Hippie, Hipsters, Hundreds Of Miles, Kimball, Night Life, Old Colorado City, Old Money, Penny Arcade, Pikes Peak, South Tejon, Upscale Shops, What To Do In Colorado Springs